Happy Thursday! Here’s an awesome Pinterest DIY craft idea for anyone you know who is coming up on a wedding anniversary or closely approaching their wedding date. This personalized frame is not only a unique wedding present, but also a great reminder and celebration of an anniversary. Surprise a person close to you with this amazing gift!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An 8×8 square frame (or other square frame)
- Two photo mats (one 6×6, one 5×5)
- Wedding lyrics printed out on a 5×5 piece of cardstock
- Two letter punches (one for the bride, one for the groom)
- One heart punch with the date of the wedding
- Print out your lyrics in a 5×5″ square, making sure to use the “Justify” text setting in Word. Tips for making words fit inside of a shape can be found here.
- Using a die cut machine, cut out the two initials and heart shapes on colored cardstock. Write the wedding date on the heart or use small number stamps for a cleaner look.
- Using glue dots or clear adhesive, adhere the initials and heart onto the printed lyrics page where you see fit; this piece uses the bottom left hand corner.
- In the frame, insert the 6×6″ mat, then layer the 5×5″ mat on top of it. Place the lyrics page onto mats and center. Tape the edges to the mat if necessary.
- Reassemble the frame, wrap in kraft paper and tie with colored string to complete the gift wrapping.
I’m making one for Jeff for our one year anniversary in May. It’s hard to believe that a year ago we were hand-in-hand with all of our family celebrating the beginning of our life together!
*note: if you’re the not-so-crafty type, Grace Stone Designs is the original artist for this piece and the product can be bought in her Etsy Shop here. (all photos courtesy of Grace Stone Designs)