It’s HOT HOT HOT here today! 95 degrees and high humidity makes it a necessity to have cold, frosty treats on hand to help me cool down! With my new eating plan to stay slim this summer, I have come up with a delicious, nutritious way to have an ice-cream like treat without the crazy high calorie count.
These Chocolate PB Yogurt Pops are creamy and delicious! Here’s what you need:
(makes 6-8 pops depending on your container size)
- 1, 17.6 oz. container Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt (or your favorite non-fat greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup natural honey
- 1/4 cup Carnation Instant Breakfast powder, Chocolate flavor
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly amongst your small cups/containers (dixie cups work great for the little ones!)
- Place a popsicle or lollipop stick into the center of each cup and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours, then remove yogurt pop from container and enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have any popsicle sticks, feel free to put the mix into a small storage container and eat with a spoon after 1 hour in the freezer like I did! YUM!
- Use crunchy peanut butter for a little texture!
- Keep refrigerated for an unfrozen healthy sweet treat during your day!
- Sub in mini chocolate chips for the instant breakfast powder to make Cookie Dough pops!
- Place the mixture into shaped popsicle molds for a little added fun!