I stumbled upon this great article this weekend from StyleCaster called 101 Fashion Tips and Tricks Every Girl Should Know and it is AMAZEBALLS!!!!
Every tip isn’t used for every person (I don’t own any cashmere….yet….), but I found these tips to be extremely helpful in my everyday fashion world. Here are my top 10 faves (some with pictures, source: StyleCaster):
94. The best at-home method to keep diamonds sparkling: liquid dishwasher detergent and an old toothbrush.
88. Cut down your closet by 25% by asking yourself this one question: “If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?” If the answer’s no, out it goes.
75. Double-stick tape work to shorten a hem in a pinch if you can’t get to the tailor before an event.
71. Repurpose old or thrift sweaters and blankets by using them to reupholster a throw pillow, a chair seat or cover a stool.
61. Break in stiff or too-snug shoes by slipping them on with socks and blasting your feet with a hot hairdryer.
37. To achieve the perfectly effortless cuffed sleeve, keep the top button (which is called the gauntlet) buttoned while you roll.
13. A good tip when cleaning out your closet: Ask a friend whose style you admire to come over and help. She/he might offer new insight on how to wear certain items before you toss them.
10. Wear your new real leather jacket in the rain to break it in. Water will soften up the leather and allow it to stretch and crease at specific points on your body.
5. If you’re unsure about an impulse or sale purchase, leave it at the store. If you’re still thinking about it when you wake up the next day, buy it.
1. There’s nothing cooler than sticking to a signature style you know looks good on you. Slaves to fashion are never chic!