As I’m sure some of you expected, I missed a few days posts because Jeff came home and our MIL flew back to Ohio yesterday so we have been busy finishing up the apartment decorating and enjoying some time together.
Today is was back to the grind and time for some meat and potatoes cooking!
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and haven’t turned back since! I made mine in a crock pot, but if you want to make yours in an oven, follow the recipe in the link above!
Red Wine Pot Roast
3 lb. beef roast
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red wine (drink the rest with dinner!!)
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 onion or 2 shallots, sliced
1. Spray your crock pot with nonstick spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
2. Rub roast with flour. Place in the crock pot
3. Pour in water and wine, covering about halfway up the sides of the roast
4. Sprinkle on basil, marjoram, thyme, salt, and pepper over roast. Press firmly to adhere herbs (I find this gives me better flavor!)
5. Slice onion/shallot and place on top and around roast.
6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is falling apart and tender.
I always serve pot roast with mashed potatoes and a green veggie or salad. I also make sure that I make the 3 pound roast just for us two so we can save the rest for the following day! Nothing like transforming the leftover meat into Barbacoa Tacos or BBQ beef!
Let me know when you guys make this! I’d love to hear how it went in your house!!