I’ve been battling the world worst sweet tooth this week.
Let’s be honest though, I’ve been battling it my whole life!
Now, I can usually resist the really bad for me stuff, but one thing I can’t resist is chocolate and peanut butter combo treats.
Every since we were little my mom would make Buckeye Bars, candy Buckeyes, and Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. Chocolate and peanut butter might just be my all time favorite flavor mix ever!
Naturally, then, when I was thinking about what to make this week for the blog, I thought of this classic mix! I decided to put my own little spin on things though to combine the classic Buckeye flavors with a small bite sized morsel I like to call Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Please, please, please try to make these this week. They are amazingly delicious served frozen or refrigerated. I like them frozen the best because they take longer to eat 🙂
The Wife Life’s Frozen Buckeye Bites
3/4 cup crushed graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
1&1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 pack chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Combine graham cracker and powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
2. Add peanut butter and melted butter and mix well.
3. On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, Roll mixture into 1/2 inch balls and press flat.
4. Place in freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon butter until smooth.
6. Drizzle or coat peanut butter bites with chocolate mixture and place back in freezer until set.