Yesterday, Jeff made us an amazing (and inexpensive!) dinner that will last us a few meals. This pork loin is moist, flavorful, and easy to put together. Just make sure you prep the night before and put it in the oven early, as it takes about two hours to cook!
Brown Sugar Bacon Pork Loin
– One 3-4lb pork loin (we got ours on sale for $8!)
– 2 cups apple juice
– 4 cloves garlic
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup chili powder
– 1 lb. sliced bacon
1. The day before you will be eating, slice four evenly spaced cuts into the pork loin and insert one clove of garlic into each cut. Place the pork loin in a zip-top bag or deep baking dish and pour apple juice over the top. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
2. On the day of cooking, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Remove pork loin from marinade and discard excess liquid.
4. Combine brown sugar and chili powder and cover whole pork loin with the mixture. Pack it on! You want to use all of the mixture as it will be flavoring the meat.
5. Place pork loin in a glass 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Layer strips of bacon over the top of the pork loin, making sure to seal in the brown sugar mixture. Fold excess bacon around the sides.