In a special edition of my Pinterest post, I am going to give you an amazing (and Atlas tested) recipe for a Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pup-Cake that I made my little one for his First Birthday today!
But before I do that, let me take you all on a trip down memory lane…
We adopted him from the SAFE Animal Shelter in Middleburg, Florida when he was four weeks old and weighed less than 4 pounds. He has lived in 4 houses, has been through 14 states, has resided in 2, has swam in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and has been my copilot on more than 5,000 miles of driving. He has made me laugh, cry, and get more frustrated than you can imagine, but I love this little animal more than anything. I can only imagine having kids if I feel this way about him 😉
In honor of his 1st Birthday, I found a recipe through Pinterest for a Peanut Butter Pumpkin cake. Being that he cannot have wheat or corn, I modified the recipe slightly to make this recipe Wheat and Corn free.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pup-Cake
Modified from Better with Butter
– 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/3 cup canola oil
– 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (I use JIF creamy because it has no corn syrup)
– 2/3 cup Pumpkin Purée (not pumpkin pie filling!)
– 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
– 1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée
– Dog Treat Decorations of Choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth
3. Spray two 6 inch round cake pans (or muffin tins for cupcake pup-cakes!) with Canola Oil baking spray.
4. Bake cakes for 15 minutes or until set in center
5. Mix frosting ingredients together until smooth
6. Let cool completely, then layer and cover with frosting. Decorate with dog treats as you see fit.
Happy Birthday Atlas!