It’s the WEEKEND!!!! Yea Buddy!
So on Thursday I shared with you all that I had met my first overall goal of my Goal Weight Challenge which was to run a 5K without stopping. I’m not going to lie, I was terrified that it was a fluke occurrence and I wouldn’t be able to keep it up, but I am happy to announce that I did it again today!!!!
So this morning, I got up extra early to knock out Day 5 of the BodyRock Challenge, and holy arm death! Push-ups, push-ups, and more push-ups left my arms burning so what would be the most logical solution? Go for a run!
Yep. I headed right outside to clock my miles. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go since my legs are sore from all of my workouts plus running, not to mention the hilly terrain near my house, but I figured “what the hell…might as well try.”
An lo and behold, BOOM! Beast-mode kicked in and I kicked my 5Ks butt again today! My time was a bit slower (35 mins) but besides the many inclines, I stopped to give some love to an adorable blue nose pitbull that lives in my complex who gave me the biggest bear hug ever!!! So adorbs!
So after all my workouts and the worlds best shower, I ran a few errands. Now as most of you know, I’ve been trying to be
frugal non-existent when it comes to shopping for myself, but I really felt I deserved a reward for all of my hard work in the past 40 days! I mean, come on, I went from zero miles a day to running for 35 minutes without stopping!
Normally, I would have treated myself with food, but figuring that to be ultimately counterproductive, and noticing that Target had a Buy One, Get One for 50% off all C9 workout gear, I treated myself to these!
So cute, right?! I totally plan on hiiting Day 6 of the BodyRock Challenge tonight wearing one! That’s right, 3 workouts in 1 day! I’m
Anywho, I mentioned last night that I was bringing you guys a new recipe, so here it is!
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar (if you use vanilla flavored yogurt, you can probably omit this…)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I forgot to put mine in! GAAAHHHHH!!!)
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together the bananas, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and sugar (if using) until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and flour and stir to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix just until moistened. Lumps are ok! Don’t over mix it or it’ll get tough when baked!
5. Pour batter into your loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
6. Let cool on a cooling rack, then slice and enjoy with some natural peanut butter, some strawberry jam, or just by itself!
This bread is so moist and so yummy! Try it sometime this week!