Can you believe that tomorrow is April 1st?!
Where did the first quarter of 2014 go?!
Anywho. Today I knocked out a 3 mile walk because I felt as if my hip flexors were tight and I didn’t want to take the chance of pulling them and taking myself out of training for the week. My walks lately have felt sooooo good after my runs, though, because everything stretches and I can really feel the impact that all my training has been having.
This weekend I told Jeff, “You know what makes me the most motivated to keep going? The fact that my legs don’t jiggle so much when I walk anymore…. Is that bad? Hahahahaha”
Yes. I laughed. Mainly because who gets excited for something like that? ME! Anybody else feel motivated when you see small changes in the amount that your body wiggles and jiggles? Is that super vain of me?
Anywho. After my walk, I knocked out Day 8 of my BodyRock Challenge and pushed myself to do lunge jumps for the cardio intervals and holy leg burn!. Today was supposed to be all about abs and arms, but I’d be lying if I said that my legs weren’t feeling it too when I finished!
If you’re not joining me in this BodyRock challenge yet, get on it! it’s never too late to start as all of the workouts are on Lisa’s BodyRock YouTube Channel!
After all my working out, I realized I hadn’t eaten since 10 a.m. when I scarfed down my lunch like a hungry hungry hippo….so I decided instead of making my post-workout protein shake, I’d make a protein packed dinner instead. Preface that with the fact that I haven’t gone grocery shopping in awhile and what do you get?
Protein Pancakes with Fresh Strawberry Sauce>
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon sugar (or honey)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
For the strawberry sauce:
5 large strawberries
1-2 Tablespoons water
<1 Tablespoon honey (if strawberries are sour like mine were….)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, egg, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
3. Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Add a touch of milk if you like your pancakes thinner.
4. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter onto a hot pan and flip when bubbly.
5. Heat strawberries and water together in the microwave until warm and soft. Blend until smooth with a blender/food processor or mash with a fork for a chunkier sauce. Strain if need be (I did…I hate strawberry seeds in my sauce!) and add honey if necessary.
I ate mine with a few strips of bacon….and convinced myself it was ok because bacon is protein, right?! I will never give up bacon….ever. gotta love breakfast for dinner!!
Try it out and let me know what you think!