Hey everyone! Writing has slipped past me the past few days, but I’ve come bearing updates and a great new smoothie recipe!
Ok, so, updates:
1. Ankle is definitely still not up for running, or really any activity for that matter. I tried going on a slow 5 mile walk with a friend, but a half mile in my ankle was already hurting. I still knocked out the miles, but it wasn’t a pretty sight afterwards.
2. Jeff surprised me with a 2 hour sailing tour of San Diego and we had a blast! We also went to Temecula (wine country near us) and had an amazing time sampling local wines and cheeses.
3. I made an amazing clean chili recipe last week and I’m still reaping its benefits for lunch this week out of the freezer. It’s pretty much a boatload of mushrooms, onions, carrots, and tomatoes with your standard ground meat, tomato sauce, tomato paste, broth, and chili spices, but I let mine stew away in my slow cooker all day long so the veggies almost melted into the sauce and was meaty, making my meat-and-potatoes-loving husband happy 🙂
Ok, so there’s that. Now that that part is over, I can get down to the yummy stuff!
Have you ever had one of those weeks where you’ve binge-watched YouTube and convinced yourself that all of the
diet lifestyle channels are the one you’re going to convert your whole life to match? No? That’s only me? Oh well….
Anywho, I was watching a few different channels including Freelee the Banana Girl and it got me craving a banana smoothie, so I present to you….
The “99 Bananas” Smoothie
note: no alcohol involved…unfortunately 😉
– 3 very ripe bananas
– 1 handful frozen pineapple
– 1 handful baby spinach
– 4 large frozen strawberries
– 1 cup water or coconut water
1. Blend that bad boy up! I mean, layer ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth and silky.
2. Devour. Preferably on a patio in the warm spring air. It tastes better that way. Trust me.